Monday, 30 December 2013

The lazy time between Christmas and New Years

This post is a little bit of an excuse to post cute pics of my baby for us to look back on (as I'm sure many of my posts will be). Nothing so exciting as Christmas or anything.
On the Saturday after Christmas, Alan, Leesa and Mike came over for brunch.  It was a Christmas/ Alan is in town for a few days so let's hang out type if thing. David made his amazing crepes and we all just chatted, went for a walk and generally commented on how awesome Henry is (I personally think this is the best kind of gathering, anything less than %50 Henry admiring at any function is borderline rude in my opinion *crazy mom*). 

Henry hanging out with his Uncle Alan. They mostly hang out via Skype so it was nice for them to be able to visit a bit 




Henry out on a walk with his entourage and just generally being adorable. 



And Henry in his favorite possition- hanging upside down!  He loves it when his dad flips him around and hangs him upside down. David will actually do a full 360 flip with Henry.  I usually have a heart attack but Henry loves it. 



...aaaand Henry with a water bottle. Henry loves drinking water out of assorted vessels. Anytime anyone has a water bottle, coffee mug, glass etc he makes a b-line and demands a sip. 




On Sunday David left for Edmonton, it was his first trip back after his time off playing nurse to all of us. I was a little bit nervous for him to go. I am feeling %90 better but still the thought of being home alone for a couple days & nights is always a little bit overwhelming especially after I had gotten so used to the extra set of hands.  Henry is an absolute joy and overall is a very easy and sweet little baby. But he is an aweful sleeper. He is almost 11 months old and has never slept through the night (well maybe by accident a couple times but never with any consistency). He is regularly up a couple times a night still. I don't mind so much but I pray he will be sleeping through the night by the time #2 arrives. I don't know if I can handle two babies up every night.

Henry saying goodbye as David leaves for work




And a video of Henry enjoying his Lighning McQueen car. He loves it!  

****** !?*#$ you Blogger and your garbage video upload******   
Please expect this adorable video in my next blog installment while we sort out some technical difficulties (ie. if I spend one more moment trying to figure this out right now I am going to loose it...so until next time)




No comments:

Post a Comment