Wednesday, 1 January 2014

He walks!!!!!

Henry took his first steps today!!!! (well technicaly last night but that was just one sad little shaky step and Daddy was at work so it doesn't count). So Dec 31 2013 is the official big day (incase anyone would like to note it in their calendar). Henry decided he simply could not begin 2014 as a crawler.  So he toddled his way into the new year.
I never fail to be amazed at how FAST little guys learn. Last night was his first tentative step, this morning he was stringing a few little shaky steps together and by the time David got home from work in the afternoon he was doing 5-10 purposeful and confident strides in a row.  Amazing. 

and the video evidence. Not the first first steps. But steps from the first day of walking...so good enough. 


In less exciting news Henry also mastered his crawl-through tunnel that his uncle hunter gave him for Christmas. He has been interested in it for the last week and would poke his head in for a look. But today he crawled all the way through!  again, and again and again... so I would say he's conquered the tunnel.  

All these milestones in one day. And after the WORST night. Henry has been sick (as you may have heard) and his Dr gave him some one-time liquid medicine to try and help clear his lungs. I'm not sure if it upset his stomach or gave him a headache or what but he started SCREAMING about 6 hours later. My baby doesn't scream (be jealous) he whines and maybe even cries on a bad day but he has never been a screamer. So it freaked me out and of course David was on the road. I didn't know what to do. He flailed and bucked and screamed. I rocked him, gave him Mr BunBun and cried a little bit myself but nothing helped.  He just screamed - for hours.  It was aweful. Finally at about 1 am he just passed out and slept till 830. So that's it, I have no idea what the problem was and I was so grateful it passed quickly and I hope it never happens again. 

And here is a lovely sleepy morning Henry (not screaming). David and I often wake up to this sleepy little face in bed with us and I love it. 



and finally Henry and Lightning McQueen as promised!




No comments:

Post a Comment