so without further ado. #2 is a ...... BOY!
To be totally honest I was about %99 sure that it was a girl (I guess my mothers intuition is a bit out of whack). So I was pretty shocked when the ultrasound tech told me it was a boy. I asked her to double check lol. But she assured me that it is for sure a boy. I'm really excited to have another boy. I think David is secretly happy to be a daddy of two little boys as that is a role he's pretty comfortable with. I think he imagines himself coaching their sports teams, teaching them to skate, building go karts ...all the fun daddy stuff. Also Henry and the new baby are going to be SO close in age that I think it's nice for them to be the same sex. I hope they will be best friends.
I had a little bit of a panic attack after the ultra sound appointment about having a second baby. I think finding out the sex and seeing the little baby made me really realize that it's real, there is really another baby on the way. I am finding it hard to imagine how I am going to manage having a newborn and a 16month old at home. Henry doesn't sleep through the night and is very clingy and baby-ish (duh, he is a baby). I'm trying to think about how I'm going to manage feeding a newborn (every 3 hours) with Henry tugging at me an getting into everything, how to mange 2 nap schedules (in a pretty tight space) and 2 babies up at night. Also David is starting his program at BCIT when the baby is 3 months old. So I know he is going to be so busy and focused on school and I worry I won't be able to manage on my own. Blaaaarg! I know it will be fine because I have a ton of support and because, well, it just has to be fine. But I would be lying if I said it wasn't keeping me up at night.
Henry is throwing up every night! What's up with that?!? This is his first bout of real true throwing up (not milky baby spit up) and I can't figure out why it's happening. He has no other symptoms and seems fine during the day. But for the last two nights he has been up violently vomiting.
Here's my late night sicko
Of course he's in bed with me when he vomits and he isn't very good at communicating that he's about to vomit so it goes everywhere. I won't get into the graphic details but lets just say that at 3 am I am up doing laundry.
Unfortunatly for Mr BunBun he is on the front line and both nights received the brunt of the assault and had to do a turn in the washing machine. Henry was upset to loose his bunny and watched forlornly as BunBun slowly dried in front of the fireplace.




No comments:
Post a Comment