Friday, 27 December 2013

First Christmas!


Henry's first Christmas is upon us despite us still being sick. Neither Henry nor I were able to enjoy the festivities as much as I had hoped but it was nice visiting with everyone none the less (kind of- to be honest I would have been happy to skip it all, but one cannot simply skip Christmas.)

We always have a triple header at Thanksgiving and Christmas which is a lot to handle even at the best of times. I love family and I love turkey, but three days in a row is a bit much of both. 
As much as Christmas is a big event, it passed without too much to comment on. On Christmas Eve we had my mothers family over, on Christmas morning we opened Santa gifts with my parents and my dad's mom then quickly scooted out to Chilliwack to celebrate with David's family. Finally on Boxing Day my dad's side came over for our final celebratory feast.

Henry helping Granddad and Uncle Hunter put together a t.v. that Santa brought on Christmas morning,


It was great seeing everyone and Henry got a ton of awesome gifts. He can now wear a different outfit everyday for the next 6 months and his rather pathetic toy boy (actually a little 6x6" wicker basket that previously held a few stuffies, teething toys and mommys old blackberry (Henry loves pressing the buttons)) has been stuffed to overflowing.  plus his playpen has been enlisted to house the larger toys. He's loving it (the toys- Mommy is loving the clothes). 

Henry taking in the gift opening pandemonium at Great Gramma & Grandpas house. 

Henry on his most prized Christmas gift- he has been sitting on/ pushing around his Lightning McQueen car ever since. 


Anyone who knows me knows that I do not love being pregnant, I simply tolerate it because I love my children. The one awesome thing about being pregnant is the maternity pants. And do you know when the best time to be in said maternity pants is?  When you are eating three Christmas dinners in a row!  As we sat around the table groaning at our own glutton and as I heard the tell tale shifting and zipping of pants being undone I simply let my elasticized waistband do it's job. 

It was a good first Christmas for Henry despite his being sick. While the first Christmas is big for the parents, it passes pretty much unnoticed by the baby. So I am more excited for his second and third Christmases when he can get excited and begin to enjoy all the food, gifts, family and warm-fuzzies that make up Christmas. David and I are definatly excited to be creating new Christmas traditions for our little family and to be able to enjoy all the excitement of childhood Christmases through our children.

a nice little family portrait that Hunter took on Christmas Eve, Henry being his photogenic self.


My 2013 Christmas table decorations.  the centrepiece/ table decor has been my job since I was a child and every year I try to get more elaborate/ gaudy.  this years colour scheme was "candy cane"




No comments:

Post a Comment