Saturday, 21 December 2013

A very gooey baby

We are in the throws of some hellish plague in our house. Henry has been sick for over a week, and I don't mean whiny with a runny nose sick.  I mean 103> fever, hacking phlegmy cough that makes him vomit and cry, and pink eye in BOTH eyes. Hell knows no misery like a sick 10 month old.  Of course I'm sick as well because any good mother goes down with the ship. Try telling an infant to not rub snot all over your face, or asking him to wait until your mouth is closed before sneezing at point-blank range...not going to happen. So mommy is misserable and baby is misserable but thank all that is good that David could take time off work, and managed to somehow not succumb to the plague and is caring for everyone. Bless that man. 
I keep trying to take a nice sick pic of Henry but that child just has to smile every time he sees a camera. 
His right eye is almost completely crusted shut here. 
We got drops for Henry's eyes.  Which, incase anyone is wondering, takes three adults pinning him down to get anywhere near his eyes. His eyes don't seem to be clearing up as quickly as I had thought they would and for this I blame Mr BunBun (or Mr Funny Bunny if you ask David - we are still arguing over the name). Henry ADORES his bunny and absolutely will not sleep without him. I'm pretty sure Mr Funny BunBun is crusted in the most vile assortment of bacteria and virus, and I am washing him every couple days, but I'm pretty sure Henry and his beloved bunny are just passing pink eye back and forth to each other.  I'm sure I'm supposed to take the stuffy away until everything clears but any mommy knows you just can't confiscate your baby's best friend in his greatest hour of need.  
Henry and his BFF having a lazy sick morning together

While we all wallowed in our cesspit of disease and misery - it snowed!  A beautiful, fluffy, perfect for playing sort of snow. We watched and marveled mostly from the warmth of the couch.  Finally we did muster all our resolve and decided that Henry simply must go out and see the snow, no good parent could allow their son to miss his first decent snowfall. So I dragged myself off the couch, threw a jacket on and stuffed my crying, coughing, snotty misserable little baby into his snowsuit. 
Enjoy some photographic evidence of Henry tolerating the snow. And feast your eyes on the amazingly dated hand-me-down snowsuit that Henry is sporting. 


***and finally no smile for the camera! I don't know if that makes me happy or sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment