Sunday, 1 June 2014

spray parks and fish!

As I have mentioned...I LOVE summertime with my baby (well my Henry baby....not sure about this other guy, will have I wait and see).

David has stopped driving to edmonton so he's around a lot - this combined with the beautiful weather means we have been doing a ton of awesome activities. 

Did you know that you can not walk by a spray park without going in to play?
I didn't realize this until my 15 month old told me. 

We have had 2 unplanned spray park stops in as many days. 

Queens Park in New West






And then at Lumbermans Arch in Stanley Park





We went to Queens Park on Friday because we heard there was a free petting zoo 

Henry thought the animals were ok...the water park and play ground were way more interesting



On Saturday (Happy 29th Birthday to me) I saw that a woman had posted on Facebook that she had a couple free passes to the Vancouver Aquarium that expired that day....like in a few hours. For those not in the know the Aquarium is awesome....but it's $25 per adult. So I had come to terms with the fact that we would NOT be taking our kids to the aquarium anytime soon. So FREE tickets was a very appealing prospect. So appealing that we all jumped in a hot car and drove an hour to the aquarium only to do a quick 45min zip around.

It was totally worth it

Henry and a beluga 


Henry and I with some Jellyfish



Henry and David at the shark tank (aquariums are dark and very hard to take a decent picture in)




The aquarium was busy and rushed but we took a stroll and splashed in the water park after so it made the whole sweaty 2 hours in a car worth it. 

And hopefully Henry had a good time because we probably won't go again until we stumble upon another free pass. 

A super busy, super hot but super fun few summer days. And perhaps our last hurrah before baby Benjamin joins us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment