Sunday, 15 June 2014

Pre baby photo dump

Pre baby goings on have been a lot of David and Henry time as I grumble and groan about feeling like garbage. 
As anyone who knows me (or just Facebook stalks me) knows I have become passionate about baby wearing. Specifically the shopping side of it :). I decided to get into baby wearing as a way of managing two kids under two. The thought being that I can hold Benjamin while still having my hands free for Henry and chores. I joined a Facebook "vancouver baby wearing" type group and got sucked down a dark rabbit hole of buying, selling and swapping baby wraps. And we're not talking your sisters Baby Bjorn here, we're talking high end woven wraps that, like art, often sell for more after retail. It's a whole underworld of mothers hoarding baby bonus cheques and spending them on rare and precious handwoven wraps, much sought limited edition prints and rare and illusive fiber blends (linen, hemp, cotton tri-blend whaaaa?!?). 
I'm totally hooked. 
I think this may have had something to do with potent pregnancy hormones making me crazy, the sheer fear of having a second baby (I am convinced baby wearing is my salvation), and the fact that I got a little bit of birthday money that I was allowed to spend without getting purchases authorized by David. 
Lets just say David's got some surprises coming in the mail. 
Now I'm not into the $1000+ handwoven rare stuff but i did probably spend more than a sane, non-hormonal Sarah would have...no matter, it just gives me an excuse to get back on the Swaps and resell them :)

Soooo since I was 9 months pregnant David and Henry got to be Guinnea pigs for my wraps. This is my beautiful, and most expensive and prized wrap. It's a Didymos Petrol Hemp  Indio (a cotton/ hemp blend). And it's totally gorgeous. 

And here's me dorking out and practicing my ring sling skills with MrBunbun (Henry was not cooperating). I'm selling this sling cus I don't like it (a NatiBaby "swallows" linen blend- too thick for a newborn I think. So out it goes)


We received potentially devastating news (or so my hormonal pregnant brain tells me) that we were misinformed and David May in fact NOT qualify for paternity leave. I will not get into the nitty gritty of our financial situation (especially after my wrapping shpeal) but this is devastating. That was what we were going to live off of for David's first year of school. We have no.other.income.... and two kids. This paternity money was so integral to our plan that I went to the Service Canada EI office before I was pregnant to make sure David was eligible for paternity leave....they said he was...so we got pregnant.  Now they say he's probably not...and I'm one week away from my due date. shit
I cried, David quietly fretted, I got pissed off, David quietly fretted, I stormed around declaring that they simply could not do this to us (I lean towards the dramatic during pregnancy), David quietly fretted and I cried some more...and now we are done. What's done is done. 

And here is a picture to illustrate our financial distress :) just kidding, I just think my boys look tres trailer trash in this pic. 


aaand Henry enjoying some warm weather fun. 





No comments:

Post a Comment