Friday, 25 April 2014

Easter

Easter!  
A time for rabbits, chocolate and ham (that is what Easter is all about right ???). 

We went to my auntie Alexa's house for a lovely ham dinner. David prepared 15 individual creme brûlée in a very ambitious dessert offering. He spent a couple hours preparing these delicate little desserts the day before then did a very impressive blow torch show in Alexa's kitchen before serving. David is a wonderful cook, and the creme brûlée turned out beautifully but he did forget to bring the extra propane (or whatever it is that makes a blow torch work) and we got desperately close to running out before all the cremes were properly brûléed. He also used the blow torch from my dad's garage as he claims the cute little culinary blow torches just don't stack up. It went well, people were just served some suspense and panick (I saw Alexa's face as David's flame danced over her new countertops) with their desserts. All and all a good meal and a great dessert. 
I didn't take any Easter pics :(
I'll see if hunter has any as Henry was looking tres cute as usual. I put some gel in his hair so he was looking pretty trendy and grown up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment