I can't quite believe that my baby is officially a toddler. I won't have much time to lament the passing of my baby's babyhood as I have another baby on the way (in 14 weeks! *freaks out*). Anyway, my first baby is a baby no longer although to be honest in many ways he is still quite baby-ish and I don't LOVE the baby phase so I'm actually pretty happy to turn the page.
This blog post is WAY late coming. In general I am a pitiful blogger. Everything I think I know about blogging I learned from Nancy over at Heissatopia which is the one and only blog I follow regularly and I adore it. She is an amazing blogger and I strive to one day be as dedicated as her but in the mean time I am lowering my bar and striving to blog once a week....ish (she does it almost every day, and has three kids!). Anyway. This entry is past due even by my low standards and to be honest it's because I was a bit intimidated by the title. I felt like this post had to be extra special since the subject was extra special. I was going to make a comprehensive list of all Henry's milestones. I was going to compile allll the birthday pics from all the relatives and regale you all with whimsical and tear jerking tales of my first year as a mother. I wanted you to all feel the love and pride I feel for my little Henry in the magical prose I laid out on this IPod keypad. But it was just too much. Too daunting a task. There is no way I can eloquently express the love and joy I feel when I look at Henry nor the pride and contentment that fills my heart when I reflect on the little family I am building with David. So I won't try. All I will say is I love my life and I am excited for the future. And I am pleased as punch that we all made it through the first year relatively undamaged.
So here is my paltry little "Henry at one" list that has been sitting in the draft folder of my blog for two weeks.
- he's walking... Really well. No running but very very confidently and steady walking
- he can go from standing, squat down (to grab something) and then stand back up and carry on
- he dances (a lot)
- he is doing lots of funny faces and is very expressive
- he is a ham. His main goal in life is to make people laugh.
- he waves
- he has no words :( he makes "mama" "dada" sounds but I don't think they have much meaning behind them.
So ya. There that is.
Here are the few photos I found on mine and David's I phones.
A preview of the party. I did a Dr Seuss theme and served green deviled eggs and ham sandwiches (it was pretty awesome)
Henry at the one year birthday party for him and all the babies from the maternity class we took. It was pretty cool to see all our littles together
Henry and his BFF. My friend and I have decided that our sons are BFFs because I like hanging out with her but to be honest it's a bit of a battle. The boys are about as different as they get and Henry often ends up in tears at their play dates. But anywhoo, for now we will call them BFFs
Aaaaand Dr Seuss party #2 over at David's family's house.
Ok. That's enough birthday pics. Henry went to a lot of birthday parties. He's a pretty popular dude.
Oh and here is the cool "Henry's first year" pic I made for him.
Phewfff. I'm glad that's done.
Happy Birthday Henry!







No comments:
Post a Comment